Layers of vegetables and chutney, sandwiched between a soft and fluffy Naan. Inspired by the amazing street food of Mumbai.
Serves: 2 to 4
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3-4 minutes
- 4 – Santosh naan, original
- ½ cup – Green Chutney
- 2 – Large potatoes, boiled, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 – Ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 – Medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 – Small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp – Salted butter, softened
- Chaat masala powder to taste
- Ketchup to taste
- Garlic chutney to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 – Small jalapeno pepper – deseeded
- 2 – Cloves of garlic
- ½ cup – Raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 ½ cups – Fresh mint
- 1 ½ cups – Fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup – Fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup – Water
- 1 tbsp – Sugar
- 2 tsp – Ground coriander
- ¼ tsp – Salt
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until they are mixed and have become smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400⁰F
- Place the naan on a baking sheet, spread with butter and heat in the oven for 3-4 minutes or until warm.
- Remove from oven and spread green chutney over 2 naan and the ketchup and garlic chutney over the remaining 2 pieces of naan.
- Top 2 of the naan with the sliced potatoes, tomatoes, onions and cucumbers, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with chaat masala and salt and pepper. Top with the other 2 pieces of naan
- Slice into 4 and serve immediately.